Welcome NHL 09 Perfectionists!

I picked up NHL09 back in November 08 and Ive been playing it exclusively since. The amount of depth and complexity involved with the skill stick system is impressive and worth the time and effort learning to master it. I may not be the best, but I always feel the need to be better and breakdown the game mechanics until I understand it inside and out. There are certain games out there that allow the skilled, knowledgable players to seperate themselves from the pack, and the greater the skill spectrum of players, the more successful the game is to attract more hardcore gamers. NHL 09 challenges players to get better and there is enough variety in strategies to get some great matchups and some real personality in playing styles.
So how does someone breakdown a game in order to be the best? It's hard and it takes time and practice. You will need to develop the skills essential to the gameplay and then understand when to use them. I have searched the internet extensively to find information about NHL09, in order to get ahead and there is a lot of good stuff out there, but its not all there. Most are generalizations and simple strategies that you will pick up within the first 10 hrs of gameplay. Some things Ive had to pick up on my own, or someone used it against me online and Ive had to figure out how to do it. Through this blog, I will attempt to bring some specific insights to the game that you will not find anywhere else - and hopefully it will speed up your mastery of the game. If you are brand new to NHL09, I would suggest that you dont get too caught up in the specifics here. Play the game through a little, then come back and it should make much more sense that way.

2 comments:

  1. could you please give me some tipe on breaking out and defending the breakout. i seem to get swarmed on breakouts, checked hard, passes intercepted, etc. and when i defend the breakout, the other guy just cruises into my zone. any thoughts? love the other posts by the way, thanks.

    ReplyDelete