Simulation Style Hockey

I think I should address the issue of playing simulation style hockey, now that the leagues are starting to form. First off, I would like to say that winning isnt everything. If your focus in this game is only based on winning games, then I would say that you are cheating yourself out of a fun, satisfying experience. By now, you have probably heard of "glitch goals" or "glitch players." What this refers to is a style of play that exploits the game in a way that is contrary to the way the game was meant to be played. For instance, a glitch player will find a shot or a way of shooting that will allow them to score every time. In real hockey, there is no shot that goes in 100% of the time. EA has designed a very complicated game with the skill stick, and it gives the players a lot of freedom to score some amazingly unique goals. Just check out some of the Top 10 NHL Videos on easportsworld.com and you will be floored by what players can do in this game. But this freedom also allows for players to find exploits in the game. The best way to play this game is to try your best to play simulation style hockey. Vary your shot selection. Changeup your offensive strategies. Try to exploit your opponents weaknesses instead of exploiting the games weaknesses. Dont cheat your opponents and yourself out of a great experience.

p.s. I had a great matchup the other day that went into a shootout. After a few missed shots, my opponent pulled off an amazing spin-o-rama goal that just made my mouth drop. He could of used a "glitch goal" to seal his win, but instead he decided to try a lower percentage shot with a lot of style. He could have missed and lost the game, but in the end im sure he had a more satisfying win for himself, and I can say that after that goal, I have a serious respect for his skill.

4 comments:

  1. I am curious of your opinion. Without making it your main scoring strategy and using it sparingly, the goal when you skate in front of the crease (horizontal to the goal opening) and aim either where u came from or are heading...is it considered a glitch goal? I know its a cheese goal but wondering if its a "glitch" goal. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldnt consider it a cheese goal or a glitch goal. In front of the crease should always be a high percentage scoring area, like in real hockey. A lot of plays are setup to get you shots low in the crease and you should not consider aiming your shots towards the open net to be cheating. Unless there is something that seems unnatural about the way you are taking the shots, then I think it follows Simulation Style Hockey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of the 3 games I've had so far have been down to the wire. I had a 2 goal lead in one game lost it and eventually we took it to a shootout and I won. 2nd game another down to the wire... difference was a screened shot I took with a D man that snuck through. It's been good hockey and much respect for my opponents to... they never gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! can you find what was the name of the guy that made that Shootout spin-0-rama goal??
    think it was me!

    ReplyDelete